Like most technology, things change fast.
If you have an instrument that has a “USB TO DEVICE” port, you can turn your keyboard into a music player. This means instruments with an input for USB flash drives (also called “thumb drives”). Popular models include PSR-E443, Tyros5, Clavinova CLP-535 and Clavinova CVP-705.
Here's what to do:
- Purchase a title from the Yamaha’s online PianoSoft catalog. “Solo PianoSoft” is the best bet for insured compatibility, but you’ll also find piano music with background tracks, called PianoSoft Plus, that work on select Yamaha instruments. Be sure and choose your model in the instrument selection box (highlighted in red below) while browsing to see compatible titles.
- After purchasing, your title will be available for “download.” You can either download it right away from your final checkout screen, or download it later from your account.
- Like any file that is downloaded from the internet, it will be stored on your computer. When you click the download button, pay attention to where the file is being saved since you will need to find it again in the next step. Often, customers simply save it to their desktop screen for easy retrieval.
- Insert a USB flash drive (also called a thumb drive) into your computer.
- Find the downloaded PianoSoft file on your computer and copy (drag) it to the USB flash drive.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and insert it into your keyboard’s USB port. This port may be on the front or the back of the instrument, depending on your model.
- Use your instrument’s display menu to locate the USB drive and select the title.
- Now you can interact with the song just like the other built-in songs on your instrument. Play, pause, rewind, transpose, speed up and slow down – or just listen! Yamaha’s library of PianoSoft music can offers endless ways to enjoy your instrument. And don’t forget to check out all the other great products from YamahaMusicSoft.com!