When loading a song from the Yamaha PianoSoft library into your Clavinova, the song will choose a piano sound from your Clavinova's library to play the song file back. Now that we have so many new piano sounds to choose from, it’s like having all new software and new performers to listen to. In addition to listening to these songs with traditional piano sounds, you might want to experiment with Piano Layer sounds, as well as Electric Piano sounds.
To listen to, and change the voices for your Yamaha Musicsoft song files:
- Load the song file you wish to edit.
- Press the Mixer icon.
- At the top of this screen, touch the Song Ch 1-8 tab.
Most PianoSoft titles have the piano part in channel 1. To change the Piano voice:
- Touch the instrument icon in the display for channel 1. Your Clavinova will show you the voice that is currently assigned to that channel.
- Select a different Piano voice from the Voice section on your Clavinova to replace the one currently there, and the results can be amazing.
Listening to a song file using different Piano sounds is fun, and a great way to explore the various sounds available on your CVP Clavinova. This can be done while the song file is playing.
Saving your new Piano settings
- Once you have made all of your adjustments in the Mixer, press “Stop” in the Song Control area. The file must be stopped, or the changes cannot take place, as you are changing the “Set Up” message at the beginning of the song file.
- Touch the “Menu” icon, and go to page 2. Select “Song Creator”.
- Touch the display where you see the word “Set up”. Notice all the choices that can be saved to the start of your song file.
- Be sure “Voice” is checked, and press “Execute”.
- After this is complete, touch “Close”.
- To save the song that now has the new changes, touch the download icon at the top of the “Song Creator” page, and select where you wish to save the file (User or USB).
It is advisable to name your new song file with a different title, as it’s always a good idea to leave the original song file as it was, in case you want to make other changes at a different time.
You can also save your song several different ways, for example with the CFX Grand Piano sample, or the Bosendorfer sample. This way you have several varieties for your listening pleasure.
Enjoy your new found variations. Mix things up and have fun. Don't forget to tag us in your musical creations if you post them on social media!