How to load new PianoSoft Titles into your Disklavier with a USB flash drive.
With literally thousands of songs available from YamahaMusicSoft.com, you can enjoy an endless amount of beautiful music on your Disklavier Piano. Imagine your next party or romantic dinner having that perfect song to make it extra special. It’s possible with PianoSoft titles from Yamaha MusicSoft. Whether you’d like soothing classical songs, sentimental standards, or the latest hits, you’ll find it all on YamahaMusicSoft.com.
We know that for some Disklavier owners, they need a little more information on getting those favorite songs from the computer to their piano, so here’s the steps to make that transition and get the music playing!
1. On your home computer, purchase a title from Yamaha’s online PianoSoft catalog. You can find Solo Piano music as well as Piano music with background tracks. If you’d like to know more about these choices, click here.
2. After purchasing, your title will be available for “download.” You can either download it right away from your final checkout screen, or download it later from your account.
3. Like any file that is downloaded from the internet, it will be stored on your computer. When you click the download button, pay attention to where the file is being saved since you will need to find it again in the next step. Often, customers simply save it to their desktop screen for easy retrieval.
4. Insert a USB flash drive (also called a thumb drive) into your computer.
5. Find the downloaded PianoSoft file on your computer and copy (drag) it to the USB flash drive.
6. Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and insert it into the Disklavier’s USB port.
7. Use the Disklavier’s controller to locate the USB drive and select the title.
For Disklavier E3 users, if you’d like more information on where music is stored in your Disklavier, watch this video:
Enjoy your Disklavier this Holiday Season!