Digital Music Notebookfor Karaoke
With New Year's here you may be looking for ideas to entertain friends and family without leaving your home.
Click here to read more.
There are two ways to sing along with karaoke features using Digital Music Notebook. First, you can sing along with the playback on your computer. Here's how:
- Go to the Digital Music Notebook website to download the free Digital Music Notebook player
- After installing the player, click on the "store" tab towards the top of the screen use the keyword search to find your favorite Karaoke songs!
- After adding all of your selected songs to your cart and checking out, the songs will be automatically downloaded into your Digital Music Notebook library
- Click on the "my library" tab to find your newly downloaded songs, and click on one to load it
- The sheet music for the song will appear in the player window. To set up the song for karaoke, click the tools menu at the top of the screen, and click Karaoke
- To start singing along, press the play button at the top right of the player window, or click "show play controls" to open the full controls
- First make sure that your keyboard is Keyboard Sync compatible. Click here to see a list of compatible instruments.
- Next, make sure that the songs you want to transfer are also compatible with Keyboard Sync. To find out, check the song either in your library or in the store tab, and look for this icon: Any compatible songs will show this icon either in "Action" column of your library, or the song's description in the store tab.
- With a compatible instrument and a compatible song, you're ready to transfer the song to your keyboard. You can do this either using a USB Flash Drive or a USB Midi Connection. The first step is to either insert your USB Flash drive into your computer, or connect your keyboard to your computer with a USB cable.
- Then, click the icon in the "Action" tab next to the song you want to transfer.
- In the side bar that appears, choose your USB flash drive or keyboard connection in the "Sync With" drop down and click "Start Sync".
- After the transfer is complete, the song will be loaded on your drive or keyboard. Either call up the song from your keyboard, if you used a Midi Connection to transfer, or insert the flash drive into your keyboard, and load the song from there.
- Press the "lyrics" button on your keyboard to display the lyrics for the song, press play, and you're ready to sing along.
- For the ultimate karaoke evening, connect your instrument to your TV via the Video Out jack on your keyboard, and read the lyrics on a big screen.
- Hook up a microphone to your keyboard and use it with all your keyboard's sing along feature and effects - add reverb, or test your pitch!
Happy singing and happy New Year from Yamaha Music Interactive.